Longevity Spinach PLANT x 2 – Heirloom – Gynura procumbens – Perennial Spinach
Longevity spinach – gynura procumbens is a perennial, super quickly growing evergreen spinach with many uses. It is also considered a superfood with many health properties like lowering blood pressure and cholesterol levels. Check the entire description below.
Longevity Spinach Plant – Gynura procumbens – Perennial Spinach
Longevity spinach – gynura procumbens is a perennial, super quickly growing evergreen spinach with many uses such as:
- tasty green used raw in salads, smoothies, stir-fries, soups, and more
- fodder for cows, goats, sheep, pigs, birds
- worm farm
- organic matter for compost production
- fluid fertiliser production
It is also considered a superfood with many health properties like lowering blood pressure and cholesterol levels. Check my article and video here for more info about this amazing plant!
The Longevity spinach is an easy-to-grow plant, that loves half-shade or shade and moderate watering, however, the better the soil, the quicker and better it grows.
Planting and growing tips:
- Give it a good drink and place it in a half-shade position out of the wind.
- Leave it in the original pot for a few days until it recovers from the journey.
- Repot or plant into the ground at the latest when the roots start to come out of the bottom holes.
- Watering straight after planting is essential! From then on as required.
- It doesn’t like to sit in water so a well-drained position is best. All our edibles grow happily and quickly in slightly raised garden beds.
- Longevity spinach grows best in shade and half shade and in any type of soil, however, the better the soil, the quicker and better your plants will grow.
- The price is for two young plants in one pot, coming from my own bush, naturally grown with love in my permaculture food forest in Pacific Haven QLD Australia. Sending within Australia only, not to NT WA TAS. Pick up by appointment only.
- I am not keeping this plant in a pot as it grows too quickly. I will make a fresh plant from the cuttings straight after the payment, and send it to you after it has been established which takes about 1-2 weeks.
- Most of our nursery plants grow in a half-shade. Introducing them to the sun slowly before replanting them to their permanent position will promote healthy growth.
- Do your own research before trying any new foods. Please also note our disclaimer in the footer of this page.