Red Dragon Fruit PLANT Heirloom – Self-Pollinating – Large Fruits
Red Dragon Fruit plant – Self-Pollinating – Large Fruits
Delicious, sweet, aromatic fruit. This is a very rare variety that produces large fruits and is self-fertile which means that you don’t have to pollinate it. Usually fruiting twice a year under the right conditions.
Check the entire description below.
Red Dragon Fruit Plant – Self-Pollinating – Large Fruits
Delicious, sweet, large aromatic fruit. This is a very rare variety that produces large fruits and is self-pollinating which means that you don’t have to pollinate it. Usually fruiting twice a year under the right conditions. Dragon fruit is an easy-to-grow plant, that loves the sun or half-shade and moderate watering, however, the better the soil, the quicker and better it will grow.
Planting and growing tips:
- Give it a good drink and place it in a half-shade position out of the wind.
- Leave it in the original pot for a few days until it recovers from the journey.
- Repot or plant into the ground at the latest when the roots start to come out of the bottom holes. This plant needs some support to grow.
- It doesn’t like to sit in water so a well-drained position is best. All our edibles grow happily and quickly in slightly raised garden beds.
- Watering straight after planting is essential! From then on as required.
- You can expect the first fruit within 1-2 years after planting, depending on the growing conditions.
- The price is for one plant, coming from my own bush, naturally grown with love in my permaculture food forest in Pacific Haven QLD Australia. Sending within Australia only, not to NT WA TAS. Pick up by appointment only.
- Most of our nursery plants grow in a half-shade. Introducing them to the sun slowly before replanting them to their permanent position will promote healthy growth.
- We usually dispatch on Monday to make sure the plant arrives at your place before the weekend.
- Do your own research before trying any new foods. Please also note our disclaimer in the footer of this page.